Halloween, the holiday that makes us one step closer to Christmas! This fall, it hasn’t felt like October at all! I am still in 80 degree weather, which is not making it easy to realize what time of the year it is! I changed out my closets this weekend for winter and immediately regretted it!
I always enjoy watching movies to put me into the spirit of whatever holiday is coming up! It takes me back to my childhood and all of the traditions I have.
Now, I enjoy scary movies, but my husband does NOT. So, this is a list of Halloween movies my husband and I like to enjoy together during the spooky season!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission from qualifying purchases. With that being said, I have linked all movies through Amazon in which I would earn a small commission. #CommissionEarned
Put on your twinkly lights and put your pumpkins out to enjoy these movies! Why not just carve a pumpkin while watching?!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
- Halloweentown (ALL OF THEM) Now, there are four Halloweentowns: Halloweentown, Kalabar’s Revenge, Halloweentown High, and Return to Halloweentown. They are ALL worth watching. The second one isn’t my favorite, but the other three I could watch on repeat every. single. night.
- Hocus Pocus– DUH. If you don’t watch Hocus Pocus in October, what are you doing? This is a must and they are making a second one! I need to read the book for the second one so I can be ready for the movie next year.
- Casper (Specifically, Casper Meets Wendy, duh)- I love the movie Casper, but Casper Meets Wendy is my all time favorite of the Casper movies. It has real people and it is the best storyline.
- Twitches– There are two Twitches movie, the first Twitches and Twitches Too. In my opinion, both are equally as good and they NEVER get old. They take me right back to my childhood and I look forward to watching them every year! Don’t you wish you found that you had a twin and that you were both witches?
- Mostly Ghostly– I remember being little and being so scared to watch this, but it is so good! Max is a magician and finds two ghosts in his home! I think they recently made a second Mostly Ghostly, and I will definitely be watching it this year.
- Monster House– I haven’t watched this one in SO long, but I will be this year! If I remember correctly, a group of friends find this haunted house and try to destroy it! I do believe this can be found on Netflix.
- Double Double Toil and Trouble– OMG! How did I almost forget this movie was a thing? I LOVE the Olsen twins and this adorable movie! These twins have a very evil aunt! Introduce this movie to your kids if you haven’t!
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown– Ah, Charlie Brown. Such an old, but lovely one! Every season, I would watch whatever Charlie Brown was on and it was SO exciting.
- Under Wraps– This is a new one this year on Disney plus! My husband and I watched it just the other day it was cute! It is so funny to me though how kid films have changed over the years. Nothing beats the movies that came out when I was a kid.
- Scooby Doo!– This one can of course be watched year-round, but is great for the spooky season since they do go onto a spooky island! The non-animated film is my favorite because I am not that into animated films.
- Goosebumps– My husband and I took my little cousins to see this in theaters when this came out and we loved it. If you grew up reading the Goosebump books or have kids that read them, you should definitely watch this!
- Hotel Transylvania– Surprisingly, I have never watch this. Weird, right? My husband really enjoys this movie and will more than likely be making me watch it this year.
- The Haunted Mansion– CALLING ALL DISNEY LOVERS. You have to watch this! Have you ridden the Haunted Mansion at Disney World or Disneyland? Well, those rides are based off of this movie and it is a great one!
- The Little Vampire– I am actually watching this as I am writing this post. Can you believe my husband had never watched this? If you are a 90s baby, surely you have watched this?! If not, GO NOW! It is the perfect family movie because it is the perfect mix of spooky and cute.
- Matilda– This is another movie that you can (I do) watch year-round. IT IS WONDERFUL. Matilda, a little girl who lives in a bad home, has magical powers and has a wonderful teacher who takes great care of her!
- The Addams Family– Another one that somehow I have never watched, but it is on my list for this year! I know the Addams family theme song, but never watched the movie! WHAT IN THE WORLD?!
There is my ultimate Halloween movie list! You MUST watch some of these! They are perfect for the family or even your adult-self!